Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Phuket life (soi ta-eid) edition

I've been living in Phuket almost a year now, originally moved from Bangkok. I've made lots of good friends and meet lots of people. People comes here to enjoy themselves even though they are in this street for mostly fitness. However, everyone seem to be happy and motivated with what they have been offered. Ta-eid street is something that people who love martial arts should visit and get the taste of it yourself. The focus here is get better physically, mentally, and technically in fighting as well as your human instinct.

I love all the authenticity that all the gym has to offer, people often ask which gym is the best? I would normally answer from my opinion, however, as I learned, you have give it a try yourself because each gym offered different kind environment and atmosphere as well as teaching and learning structure. Therefore, rating from one's opinion is invalid in this case.

However, I would like to introduce the gym that I've been trained in and how I personally feel about it. I've only train muay thai and strength and conditioning so far. Therefore, I won't have opinion on other classes.

First of all, my current gym that I'm fighting for " Phuket dragon muay thai"



If you love friendly atmosphere where people and trainers laugh and treat you like a family, here is the place for you. The gym only offer muaythai training for people who wanted to fight, get fit, get in shape, or try out. The gym also has its own professional fighter, not only trainers but young fighter that would train after you so watch out for their technique and awesomeness. I recommend the gym for people who have intense interest in muay thai.

Secondly, would be unit-27, strength and conditioning gym run by British owners who is fully certified. The gym focus on conditioning and how to make you stronger. They offered variety of classes including cross-training, spinning, yoga, private training, and their custom made program at least 2 classes a day except Sunday (holiday). This gym is phenomenal for fitness crazed and even a geek like me. They have only  positive reviews so far including me. Keep up the good work! love the gym, check it out!




3. Phuket top team, they offered variety of classes of fight and conditioning. I've only trained muay thai there but I've heard many positive opinion about this place. Really famous for their MMA and Jit jit su classes. Muay thai class here is more structure than Dragon muay thai, in the sense of organization and how students has been taught in class. The trainers are all experience and know what they are doing, therefore, do not worry if you are in beginner level or advanced. I have nothing negative about this gym at all, love the class, the passion of trainers. Recommend trainers would be Lampthong, Nonsai, and Kru Choke.




Lastly, Tiger muay thai. The first gym that I've been training in. Good gym with different level of class. I personally think it's quite busy. However, for the quality of classes there to offered. It's a decent gym and people who love well structure class here is the place for you.

As I mentioned before, it depends on individual how they like their surrounding to be. Decide for yourself, give every gym a try before you decide where is the best for you. Hope this help in someway.

No comments:

Post a Comment